Three Week Painting Series
with Namrata Siviya
March 7 - March 21
Namrata was born and raised in India. She earned a BFA at Govt. College for Art in Chandigarh. During that time she also discovered her love for film, another medium to explore visual language. She then studied filmmaking at National Institute of Design in Ahmedabad and enjoyed working on different film projects until she moved to the United States. She now lives in Bedford with her family and owns and runs The Purple Pencil.
About the Series
Bring your own supplies or use what we have in the studio.
Practice your painting skills using your choice of water based paint .
Learn to paint freely and boldly while we will go over the basics of painting like composition, values and color. The focus of this series will be to connect with your intuitive voice and paint from your heart. All levels are welcome!
Bring Your Own Materials: If you know what medium you like to use, please purchase and bring the items from the list below. Bring everything from all 3 lists or choose one list and bring those supplies.
Use Studio Materials: If you are a beginner or would just like to come and try different paints, please sign up for the series that includes materials. These materials will stay at the studio but you will use them while you are there.
Supply Lists - If You Purchase Series Only then Choose a List under your preferred Medium
- Gouache paints (tube set)
- Paper - Canson Mixed media paper or Canson watercolor paper or Strathmore watercolor paper (cold pressed)
- 2b pencil and a non dust eraser
Pen and Watercolor
- Any Faber castell Aquarelle graphite pencil
- Non dust Eraser. - Staedlar or Faber Castell. But any eraser that says non dust is good.
- Waterproof Sketching Pens - Faber Castell or Micron
- Watercolor pans set (small size is sufficient to begin with) - Winsor Newton is a very good brand
- Round brushes - set of three in assorted sizes.
- Watercolor paper - Strathmore or Arches Cold pressed.
- Drawing board according to the size of your paper.
- Liquitex Acrylic gloss medium
- Acrylic paints (golden or liquitex)
- Disposable palette sheets
- Palette knives
- Flat brushes assorted sizes
- A painting surface like canvas or acrylic paper